After that we made brief rounds at the Archaeology museum before going on our fabulously warm and comfy boat tour. Now, as I mentioned before, we all got up around 5 to make our 7:30 train, so by 4pm, we were pretty tired. The best place to repose a bit? Warm, covered boat tour in the canals of Strasbourg. While I did take many pictures, it was an hour and a half-ish, so naps were had, it was all part of the package. After the boat tour? More naps in the best beds ever. Our hostel was fantastic. Free breakfast in the morning, super comfortable beds and adjustable heat in the room. We also had fresh towels and extra blankets, soooo great! 5 digits up to Ciarus! After naptime, it was again, eating time, more tarte flambée and some spaetzle, mmmm...I have missed you german-esque food! Now, don't get me wrong, the french love their butter and sugar and that's all fine and dandy, but the germans, they love meat and potatoes. Oh, how I have missed that. They also love butter and sugar, so...yeah, on to Saturday!
Ok, saturday was a big day. The highlight of which I will mention in a second. But...we went to the cathedral again to see the giant astronomical clock presentation, which, "bref" told us that the we're all being judged by creepy babies, death, jesus and a cock that crows. Great! Ok. Now here's the highlight...CHOCOLATE MUSEUM!!!!! Ah! I know, you're freaking out, too. Chocolate+museum+chocolate again = the ultimate happiness. So, as we progressed through the museum, the presence of the chocolate aroma became more and more evident. Eventually at the end, we saw a the world's best sign: Chocolate Demonstration, and watched a french lady make bunnies and storks and such, and then we heard the world's best words: "est-ce que vous voulez en goûter?" or "would you like to taste some?" uhhh...YES. So we filled up on large chunks on white, milk and dark chocolate. After all of this, we still got a free gift of chocolate praline truffles. best.trip.ever. For the rest of the we did some more walking around, discovering and taking in the scenery, ate another tasty, filling alsacian meal, and a few of us decided to go out and dance at Jimmy's bar. An absolutely fantastic choice, actually, so fun!
Sunday, we had to leave around noonish, so Sarah and I got up early to walk around a little, and it was completely dead and quiet. It felt like we were by ourselves on a movie set, it was so quiet, but absolutely splendid. Before the train left, I walked around Petite France for just a little bit to see it before departing (it's the oldest and prettiest part of Strasbourg). All in all, a trip that served it's purpose perfectly: we got out of the city and were treated to something new and different and yet still incredibly French. Amazing.
As always, I feel as if I'm on your adventures with you! Thank you so much for sharing your life in France with all of us!
ReplyDelete